Updated: Dec 29, 2021
Crunchy, nutty and fruity, once you make this homemade granola recipe, you will never want to buy granola again. Packed with fibre, healthy fats and minerals this dish is a perfect start to the day, or anytime snack.
4 cups of organic jumbo rolled oats
1 cup of hazelnut
1/2 cup sesame seeds
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 dried fruit
1/2 cup melted coconut oil
1/2 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 160c (320 degrees)
2. line a large baking tray with baking paper
3. in a large bowl combine all of the dry ingredients
4. next add the melted coconut oil along with maple syrup and vanilla extract to the dry mixture and combine until everything is well coated.
5. Spread the granola mixture evenly on the already prepared baking tray and bake for around 20-25 minutes
6. Let your granola completely cool for around 1 hour and mix in the dried fruits.
Store at room temperature in an airtight container for around 2 weeks. This recipe can also be frozen in sealed freezer bags for up to 3 months.
Do not over bake your granola. It may seem like it is still soft when you take it out of the oven, but it will harden as it cools
Why not serve this granola on top of my Power Smoothie or with my delicious coconut yogurt recipe or simply eat on its own
Oats- rich in fibre
Hazelnuts -packed with antioxidants
Sunflower seeds - rich in protein and healthy fats
Sesame seeds - great source of calcium and zinc
Cinnamon - anti inflammatory
Coconut - packed with nutrient
Maple syrup - contains essential minerals
DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE?
If you did, I would love to hear and see how it went. Tag me on my instagram @mara_kintara